Friday, May 1, 2009

My Kitchen!

I started following Kelly's Blog in December & love it! You should check it out, she is very down to Earth & a great source for many faith inspiring sites. She started a home tour on Firdays & today we all show off our kitchens. I must admit mine isn't much to show off but I have loved lookign at others spaces so thought I would join in the fun! While lookign at all the other beautiful hoems I realized I REALLY need to decorate this space! I guess I have another project to work on! These are all a littel outdated but they will do!

These first two photos are of my hutch in the eat in/dining area attached to my kitchen. I LOVE this hutch! I had been eyeing it for soem time at Costco & when it went on sale I scooped it up ( I love a good deal!)

These photos were taken last Thanksgiving, hence the fall decor. I need to get soem cute summery things to brighten up my space its looking a little drab right now!


This is a little nook you can see as you enter my kitchen. Its a neat little decorative element. We hada hard time deciding what to put there! There is a little husband wife sculpture there as well now. We are also havign a light put in the top.



I love the medium colour of our cabinets. I thought I wanted something a lot darker but I am so happy with these now. This is from when we first moved in. Although I must admit it still needs some love!


I love that we have two glass cabinets they show off our dishes nicely. We did not register for nice china, I didn't think we would use it. Our everyday stuff is a simple white pattern. I hope to add a Christmas set this year.


Our island is free standing, it can be moved or taken out as the entire floor is completely tiled. I love it where it is tho. It has these neat little shelves where I keep my teapot & put seasonal decor. I think once Baby Bear comes, these shelves may be empty!


Here is a veiw of the entire kitchen. You can just barely see that we have a tray ceiling in there, which I love! It adds such a nice touch. We now have simple wood blinds over the sink, I would like to add a valance. We also have black & chrome barstools at th island, which we use often. Our back door (beside the fridge) is a garden door with a full length window, it has an enclosed white blind. The wall behind the isalnd really needs the perfect peice of art. I would like to do a backsplash evetually as well. Finally our applicance, I LOVE them, were a wedding gift from my ILs. My fridge is giant, which is great for entertaining. The dishwasher is now fully installed!
This is our eating space. The leaf in now inserted so its a 5ftx5ft square, which I much prefer. I got a great deal ont his little gem too! And I love it. The hutch (pictured above) is against the wall where that metal wine rack is. We also have a large clock & photos above. it.
One more shot of the top of our table. I try to keep a runner on it, which changes with the seasons. As well as either fresh flowers or some other pretty centerpiece (Neither of these pieces are currently there)
Well thats it! Hope you enjoyed! I loved looking at everyones spaces, it really inspired me to add a few more personal touches to our home!







17 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the tour...you have a warm, beautiful home!

Sue said...

Your kitchen is very cozy! I like your accessories. Congrats on the expected bundle!
Blessings~LillySue

P.S. Click the "LillySue" link at Kelly's and come visit my kitchen!

Rachel said...

I love your kitchen!! Your hutch is adorable! I cannot believe you found it at Costco! I love that store!!

Joanne said...

Your kitchen is lovely...I LOVE the warm tones of your cabinets! Thanks for the tour....and might I add...you look adorable pregnant. Blessings to you from the other side of Canada!

Jillian said...

I love the HOME decor on the table and I LOVE the table!! You have a beautiful kitchen!! And congrats on the pregnancy, isn't it weird to have a baby growing in your belly!

Unknown said...

I'm looking AT EVERY SINGLE KITCHEN LOL! LOVE those red flowery things what are those? Love your space!

Michelle said...

You kitchen is lovely and cozy !! Love the hutch as well !!

Congratulations on your pregnancy -It was an awesome experience both times for me.

Take Care !!

Tristan said...

I love that little nook thing!

Heather said...

Cute kitchen, I love your buffet tables!!

Michelle said...

I LOVE your kitchen. Love the black. thanks for stopping by mine also.
You have great ideas!

Kelly said...

Your kitchen is really nice - I'm glad you shared it.
And CONGRATS on the baby!!!!!! :-)

Jennifer said...

Great space! I love all the black furniture. So classic. =)

Ashley said...

Lovely kitchen! And you are to cute pregnant, congrats!!
-Ash-

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Hey! Your kitchen is beautiful! I love your black table and chairs. You have decorated very nicely! Thanks for stopping by my kitchen yesterday!

Martha said...

Beautiful Kitchen! :)
Martha

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your hutch! Your kitchen is beautiful too. Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!

Twice as Nice said...

Great kitchen! Love the space and I love love love the cabinet you bought.