Wednesday, May 6, 2009

24 weeks!


Wow! 24 weeks! This is a big week, Baby Bear has officially reached the time of viability. Meaning, that if God forbid he or she decided to make an early entrance from this point out efforts would be made to save him or her. Although I plan on this little one staying in me until sometime in August its nice to know this little fact. Being a nurse I know many other mortality & morbidity facts as well that I am choosing not to think of for now, I'm just trying to be a mommy these days! Her ei smy picture, I don't see tons of change in the bump over the last few weeks, thank goodness! It needs to slow down a bit!

How far along? 24 weeks
Total Weight Gain? We don't own a scale, thankfully, so for now I will say 9lbs as I was at my last visit, probably up a bit more tho!
Maternity Clothes? Yup! Lots of them, I really need some capris soon too!
Stretch Marks? Their multiplying! I have sprouted a few more on the underside of the bump as well as some lovely little ones on each hip/love handle area, beautiful.
Sleep? I am so tired, all the time! I am sleeping about 8-9 hrs a night plus napping about 2-3 hrs on most days. My bladder capacity seems to be about 4 hrs so I do wake up in between.
Best Moment this week? Les FINALLY felt BB kick today! This mornign in bed I out his hand on my belly right where s/he was using my side as a trampoline & Les felt two sift kicks, very cool!
Movement? Lets, its getting much more frequnet, usually at night & early in the morning.
Food Cravings? Still slurpees, fresh white bread & butter & fresh fruit.
Gender? I am clueless.
Labour Signs? None!
Belly Button? Really shallow & flattening out.
What I miss the most? Physical activity, cocktails, weekends away/road trips.
What am I looking forward to the most? Being a mommy on mothers day next year!
Milestones? Les feeling the baby kick!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Sorry you are on bed rest since that point! The reason I am on it is because I had some bleeding at 25 weeks (actually A LOT)and they still have no idea what caused it. Therefore that is why I am on bed rest until I give birth! Sorry to hear about everything but I promise it does go by fast if you have projects to do!! Hang in there!