Friday, May 8, 2009

My Living Room!

Its Friday again & so its time for the house tour! Today is show your livingroom/family room. We only have the one livingroom on the main level for now and it serves as our main living area. We have plans to finish the basement & put a family room/TV room down there. But financially that is a few days down the road. Check out Kellys blog to visit all the other homes!
This is the view from our front door. We have a raised ranch so from the foyer we have these wrought iron rails. I love my hardwood floors however they are right at eye level and even if I sweep 10 times a day you can see dust and or cat hair, we didn't think about the dark furniture & floors when getting our white kitty. To the right is our rockband, which as soon as the basement is finished will be going down there, not my favourite piece of decor!

The is a view of my bay window. I love this window, it has a coved ceiling that is perfect for a Christmas tree. The arm chair & ottoman are so comfy & my guests migrate there & usually curl up with the throw blanket. The way too big TV and all the games systems are my husbands toys (we have XBOX 360, Wii & Playstation 2)

This is our couch, its dark chocolate brown, almost black leather, we love it! We change up the throw pillows often, usually with different seasons. These burnt orange ones are from our trip to the Philippines. The artwork above the couch is black with silver writing. They say "family", "love" and "friend" with dictionary type defintions, the love one is the popular Corinthians scripture.

This the view from the window looking into the diningroom & kitchen. Again my couches & with burnt orange pillows. I really like my chrome & glass tables but we plan on moving this one out once baby bear arrives. The bowl on the table is made from wrought iron & filled with wicker balls. I often put seasonal decorations or a vase with fresh flowers here as well. We keep our magazines stacked on the shelves. My kitty likes to sleep there as well.


This is the view from the dining room. You an see my kitty perched by the window. Les' laptop usually stays on the coffee table, another thing that will probably have to change!



A closer shot of the artwork. We had a really hard time finding something we liked. I think the silver in the photos help to pull in the chrome on the tables which are also in my kitchen barstools.

These are side tables. I love the lamps & got a great deal on them. I would like to find some shades that are a bit more fun but these are very versatile. That frame was an engagement gift & that is an engagement photo in it.


Our other side table, this photo is of my adorable nephew. I am hoping we can leave these tables after the baby comes, they may temporarily be relocated until the family room in the basement is complete.

A final shot of our coffee table. I nthe background you can see a standign photo frame that holds various black & white snapshots of family & friends.
Thats all! This was the first "complete" room in our house. All our guests always say its cozy. I would like to jazz it up a bit but am very happy with how it is. Its very festive come the holidays, I decorate for each season & occasion!

24 comments:

Jillian said...

I love your pillows and your art work!! I know what you mean by hair, my hard wood floors are always covered in dog hair and it is so hard to keep up with! Oh well I love them too much to care:)

Rachel said...

Those are some cool pillows!s

Liz and Garth said...

I really love those pillows! Very classy! :-)

Lori said...

Thanks for your commment on my living room. I LOVE your throw pillows and leather furniture. And congrats on the pregnancy! I wish I had been blogging when I was pregnant. You will cherish all the memories you have captured!

Because of Love said...

Love the silver through out the room. And I am all about a window that is perfect for a Christmas tree. :)

Jenny said...

Very nice! I love that big window!

Embellished Bayou said...

I love the pillows, it's so great to have a meaningful and useful "souviner".

Sonya said...

Your TV area sounds like ours, a big TV and 3 gaming systems! It's where my husband spends most of his time. Thanks for visiting and congrats on your new addition!

Amanda said...

I love your living room! I think the bold color of the couches and their fun pillows looks wonderful against the color of the walls. It's really lovely! Congrats on the baby!

KIMBERLY said...

LOVE those orange pillows and your canvases above the couch! thanks for sharing and happy mother's day!

Christa said...

Thank you for stopping by my page! I love your coffee table and the pillows on the couch!

Christa

Maryellen said...

Your place is great! Your flooring is EXACTLY what I want for our home. Some day...
=)

Elizabeth Dianne said...

I love the dark leather sofas--they will be great for the new baby--and the awesome pillows. God bless you richly as you strive to be Godly parents. It is hard but well worth EVERYTHING that it costs-physically, emotionally and financially. BTW, thanks so much for stopping by my place.

Lindsey said...

I love the pop of color that the pillows add. Great LR!

Laurie said...

I love your dark leather sofa with the bright pillows! And as always I just love hardwood floors! Great space!

Congratulations on upcoming baby!

Jenny said...

LOVE your artwork and pillows! Congrats on your baby!!

Debbie said...

Those pillows make your room pop. Great living space. Thanks for visiting. Debbie

Laura said...

I like your contemporary style! The color on my walls is a Monarch Paint called Bourbon!

Staci said...

Love the room and I love, love, love the paint color. Would you mind commenting me with the name of the color. It's so comtemporary and I love it! And the lamp is gorgeous!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Your living room is so pretty and clean!!!!

I read a little of your blog as well and am so happy for you and your husband! Congratulations on the baby.

Kristine

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words! I love your hardwood floors and clean lines! Great room!

Mommy said...

Love your couch and chair! Your pillows are beautiful. Where did you find those pictures above the couch? I loved them! Thanks for stopping by to check out my family room. Congrats on your baby too!

Lesli said...

I love your artwork above the couch and the couch too!! Your pillows are great, we change ours out often too. Its amazing just how something as little as pillows can give a whole new look!! I love the contemporary feel of your room. Thanks for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

Love that dark leather and those pillows are fabulous!