Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all the mommy's who read my blog! An especially happy mother's day to MY mom, who is the best mother anyone could want. In my wedding speach I said that she is the strongest women I know & not only a wonderful role model, but also a wonderful friend! Here is a picture of the two of us last year at my wedding, it was such a great day!

I woke up this morning to find a sweet mommy-to-be card from my wonderful husband. I had told him I didn't want a gift, but thought this was very thoughtful of him. He wrote soem very touchign & sweet words to me. We are FINALLY redoing or I should say doing our master bedroom this week & so this is our gift to ourselves & eachother before we become parents.

I was also very suprised yesterday with a card & willow angel from the little girls accross the street. As well as cards from my mom (I told you she was the best!) and my sister. These are all keepsakes for sure!

I spent the day today at my mom's house with her & my sisters working on shower details. 4 weeks from today is my first shower! They are doing most of the work, but I have been helong with stationary designs as in our family that is my "area". We got a lot done & I am feeling very excited about the day!

Next year we will have a very special celebration as my mom will be a grandma & I will officially be a mommy!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Next year you can get a generation picture, wouldn't that be a great Mother's Day gift???