Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Appointment!

I went to my first OB appointment today! I just love my doctor! He is so relaxed & makes you feel SO at ease! So of course I walk into the OB Clinic at the hospital where I work and one of my coworkers is there working. I was worried that might happen, since I hadn't told anyone at work yet! I told her I was still keeping it a secret until my 2nd trimester, and she said she wouldn't say anything, I don't think she will either. I totally got special treatment too with her there! She brought me in really quickly, I am sure the other people in the waiting room were really pleased about that! She put me in the room with an ultrasound machine and told me the doctor would scan me and of he didn't to ask! There was a med student there, who they didnt' have come in for my privacy ( I would ultimetly see him up on the unit). Dr. J came in and congratulated us, shook Les' hand. He looked over my labresults & said everythign looked good. I do have an ovarian cyst, which he suspects is the corpus luteum. There is also a cyst in my fallopian tube, which he suspects has been there for soemtime. He said neither of them will pose any problems to my pregnancy. We discussed my trip and he gave me some prescriptions. He then scanned me ( I didn't have to ask!) and he showed Les the heartbeat. It was reassuring to know everything looks good! My next ultrasound & appointment are on the February 17th, the day after we get home. Once that is done & everything is good I will officially announce our pregnancy to the world.

No comments: