Monday, January 17, 2011

modern baby shower! (and something exciting!!) **video included**

On Friday my little sister got engaged!! On Sunday she left me this card, how adorable is it? I am so excited for her and my future brother and law! And since they set a date of
November 19, 2011 I think we aer going to have a very busy year!

I have been SUPER busy lately helping plan and organize a baby shower for one of my best friends, I am just thrilled with how it all turned out!

This is the invitation I designed in photoshop, we prrinted it on cardstock and sent them
out in lime green envelopes.

When she told me she wanted to incorporate black and have a modern theme I was thrown off but I think it turned out awesome!
We had it at a local restaurant, I am so happy with it that I am considering having my sisters bridal shower there! This is one half of the room, we kept it simple, modern and chic. Black and white table cloths with pops of lime green & silver!

This is the diaper cake that I made for them, we put it in the entry way as part of the decor.

Hand made banner above the head table.

The head table with the banner above it, centrepiecce and flowers.

Beautiful maternity photo framed for guests to sign, will look awesome in the nursery!

flower arrangement we did, just bought the flowers from costco and assembled in vases.

Centrepieces, they are sugar cookie bouqets. My mom & I made the cookies, just bake your favourite sugar cookies on a stick (skewer) dip the skewers in egg whites to help the cookies stick. We did most of them with sugar before baking and about 1/3 of them icing after. We added chocolate molds a friend made and silver twisty sticks from Michaels to make them look more polished. These are about $5-6 dollars each to make!

Water bottles I made to coordinate with the theme.

cloe up of the water bottles. I think these are an easy way to add a really chic and
personal touch to any event!

Candy bar in matching colours. This was the favour, it went over really well. I had all these glass containers from my wedding, this is the 3rd candy bar they have been used for! I love the look of this one!

close up of the candy bar. This went with the "sweet baby" theme.

Sweet room! The cake, water bottles, fruit platters, candy buffer and coffee/tea service looked great set up in here!

Some of the prizes for guests all wrapped in coordinating ribbon.

The tables. On each place setting was a lime green envelope for the custom thank yous I am making, it added a great pop to each place setting!

Head table from another angle!
THE cake! Once cut it woudl reveal whether there was a boy or girl to
be expected. This was absolutely the BEST element of the shower.
No one knew what the gender of the baby was not even the parents to be!
They had the ultrasound tech seal it in an envelope back in October, and it then went
to the cake decorator who didn't open it until 2 days before the shower!
Beautiful bump and THE cake...

Mommy and Daddy to be cutting the cake for the big reveal!

I LOVE this she was SHOCKED!!

Pink!!! Its a girl!
Here is a short video of the cake cutting, the mama to be was sure it was a boy
and is still shocked and thrilled to learn she is having a little princess!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything looks so beautiful & what a great way to find out with family & friends!!