Monday, March 1, 2010

We are Canadian!!

We are Canadians, and while I have and will always be proud of this our country's performance at the Olympics as well as hosting has really brought this out! I watched the Olympics everyday for 17 days, I don't think I have enjoyed it as much as I did this year.
Logan really seemed to enjoy watching as well! I really wanted to get him a keepsake from the games, something he could have forever. We settled on a few things; a t-shirt (actually matching family ones!), a toque (because we are Canadian) and of course a hockey jersey!
So the last day of the Olympics, the day our Mens Hockey Team won GOLD!! We all got our shirts on and posed for a patriotic family photo.

And of course we need one of daddy and his boy! Logan was very interested in the game and he got VERY fussy when we let that goal in the last 25 seconds of the game! He felt MUCH better when Sidney Crosby scored the winning goal in OVER TIME!! That was one intense game!

Doesn't he just look so stinkin cute in his jersey?! I don't think we will follow Canadian tradition and put him in hockey tho, I guess we have a few years to decide!

This photo is from February 12, 2010 the first day of the games. Momma and her boy!
I think that in general as Canadian we are humbly patriotic. I loved these games, somehow it brought this pride out front to be shown, it was amazing. I am so proud of our country and our athletes, 14 GOLD medals!! A record, the most Golds won by any country EVER! amazing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little cutie in his jersey!!

Valerie said...

So cute!!

Melissa G said...

Canada did awesome!!
And oh my goodness, your little boy is just adorable!