Thursday, March 15, 2012

A little about my big boy

I thought it would be nice to spend a little time talking about my big man before he becomes a big brother!
He is growing so quickly, its definitely bittersweet for me. My heart soars with pride at what a bright and sweet BOY he is becoming, but its just happening so quickly.
It makes me wonder WHERE my baby went!
In one week he will be 2 years and 8 months. Crazy.
He is about 35 & 1/2" tall and just broke the 30lbs mark!
He is wearing mostly size 2 clothes and some size 3 shirts. I am buying 3 for the summer.
He wears size 7 or 8 shoe.
He is STILL in diapers, a size 5 and despite my very best effort he is showing NO progress with potty training. He just doesn't want to at this point. He will when he's ready.
We think he is smart, LOL.
He can spell his name and recognize all of the letters in his name.
He can count to 15 in English and to 10 in spanish. He randomly did this last week and amazed us, and they say TV isn't good for kids (thanks Handy Manny/Dora, LOL).
He can sing his ABCs and is getting better at recognizing letters NOT in his name.
He knows all his colours and loves to sing.
He is a bit of a ham and says the funniest things.
He is kind hearted and if I say I'm not feeling well or sad he hugs and kisses me and
asks if that made me better.
He loves other children, and I've been feeling a lot of guilt about keeping him home from daycare the last few months. Financially I just can't justify it when I am home.
I have been making an effort to take him to the early years centre at the end of the street.
He loves it there and they have a lot of great early education activities.


He loves to be a helper, which I think will be useful when baby is here! This is him helping me make dinner this week. His favourite saying is "I do it by myself" for EVERYTHING!


He is a pretty good little swimmer too! HE wears a puddle jumper and is completely independent with it. He can jump in and swim the entire length of my dads pool! (my dad just bought a house with an indoor pool! Such a nice option for frequent swimming, which we all love).

He's getting excited about being a big brother! He has his own baby that he has been testing all the baby toys with! He still insists Ducky is a girl, which I just find hilarious.

He is still a great napper, typically napping 2-3hrs a day. Lately he has been asking to "nuggle" me and nap in our bed. It hasn't affected our new bedtime routine, and I feel like I should snuggle him all I can right now before I have a little nursling again in a few weeks!
Him and Calvin are good friends, and Calvin likes to join us for naps as well!

He is still happy and comfortably rear facing in a Graco MyRide 65. We aren't really sure when we will turn him. We know its safer, and he's just so content it doesn't make sense to make the change. I'm thinking once baby is back there and also rear facing he will be even more content! As you can see there are still several inches above his head for growth before he "outgrows" rear facing. He's enjoying his favourite treat, starbucks hot cocoa!

Back in January we decided to transition L from our bed, cosleeping to a toddler bed. We felt the transition would be easier if we put him into a toddler bed in our room. He has done great! He's still in our room and doesn't seem quite ready to move to his room yet, but he will get there.
I found him UNDER his bed one night a few weeks back! What a funny kid!

This is our little family last week on my 29th birthday.

Last week when I took my belly pic Logan wanted in on the action, here's his baby bump! LOL

And a quick pregnancy update, here I am at 34 weeks.

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. Still on "watch" for my blood pressure, its pretty consistently 130s/90s, no protein in my urine, and minimal swelling although I have frequent/consistent headaches. I've been very uncomfortable this week and having lots of cramping and even a few episodes of contractions. Nothing to get me overly concerned but I think my body is practicing.
I'm really hopeful I will hang on for another week or two! Three would really be ideal, LOL!
I have 3 more weeks of classes and then my final is two weeks later. An Easter Baby fits best in my schedule but as long as he or she is healthy it doesn't matter when the big day is!

1 comment:

Jen said...

He is too cute! And you look great. Only a few more weeks to go!