Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sew Exciting!

I mentioned before that I was taking a sewing class as my "me time". It is done now but I am so glad I did it. It gave me a good little break (although some nights it was so hard to leave! I was able to get soem godo sewing experience and now feel confident enough to tackle some simple projects on my own! I am SO excited about some of the things I have made & I am looking forward to future projects! Although I think sewing will be on the back burner for a bit, I REALLY need to get going on my scrapbooking and get caught up on my tutu's & clippies!

These are a set of 4 burp cloths I made for a good friend who will be welcoming he little boy very soon! I hope she likes them!
I am most proud of this next project. I made a cover for my boppy! I used this tutorial, which was very straight forward. I used a bright fun pattern on this side. (The zipper was a little intimidating but actually not to tricky at all!) If you decide to try this it used 1 & 1/4 metre of fabric roughly. Also the notions called for a 24" zipper which I could not find, I got a 22" and it fit perfect, i think a 24 would have been too big!

The opposite side, it is bright orange minky I SO soft. It washed up awesome too! I have enough fabric left to make a few taggie blankets, one for L and a few for gifts as well!

2 comments:

KMServino said...

I was considering making a boppy cover but I didn't think about doing 2 different fabrics. The minky side sounds like a great idea!

L said...

You ROCK! I love the boppy cover:) You should make them & sell them. I would so buy one:)