Monday, February 22, 2010

Out with the old & in with the new....

Well the time has officially come L is outgrowing some of his little baby toys. Its bittersweet. I love to watch him grow, I swell with pride at each new accomplishment or milestone; and yet I want to hold on to this little baby time as it goes by so very quickly. He is moving and exploring so much. We really need to get our house babyproofed ASAP! We are carefully packing away all the things and clothes L is outgrowing to pass them on to his sibling one day.

The first of his toys to go was his playmat. This was especially sad becuase it has been so loved and well used. From very early on I have used this for play and tummy time. I remember how excited I was when he started batting at the toys, and then grabbing them...



Well now L is rolling everywhere and so the mat is leading to frusturation. He rolls and gets stuck, as you can see. Then he gets mad. And so away it has gone.


The next thing we have had to put away is the bumbo. He now turns sideways, plants on foot ont he surface below him and arches his back, he can successfully and very dangerously escape.

However since some small baby thigns have goen away some big baby things have been brought out. He is really enjoyign toys and boosk these days. Since our basement is not finished our living room is turning into romper room, betweent he big toys like the exersaucer and the leap frog table and all the small things it was getting out of control, and yet I wanted at least some things to be accessibel in our main lving area, my solution...

This lovely little shelf. I got it at Target (SO worth the drive to the states) and it holds his toys just perfectly. I got two bins to keep small toys in, there is also a basket tucked to the side for additonal things, like the blanket I put out for him to play on/roll off of. I have since pur a few pictures frames on it. I think it fits in to the livingroom very nicely. I hope that as L grows we can teach him to put things away on it to keep thigns tidy.

And so its not all sad, he is growing and learning and thriving and that makes my heart happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really is bitter sweet to pack up "baby" things when they are still a baby :)