Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reaching Out

I absolutely LOVE being home with Logan, every single second of it. I so wish I could be a SAHM, and equally feel blessed that I will only be returnign to work part-time next summer. That being said somedays I just go completely stir crazy, I have been going on a lot of walks (good for my weight loss) and trips to the mall/store (bad for our budget).

I have also been struggling with some friend issues. My friends adore Logan, and at the same time have zero understanding of what its like to be a new mommy. They don't understand needing to arrange fora sitter, or just not wanting to leave your baby to go somewhere you are not particlarly interested in going.

Finally, I feel like 90% of the baby duty falls on me. Yes, Les works fulltime HOWEVER he has 5 day stretchs off work every 4 days, which means he is here with me a lot. Despite this I still do most of the hands on, which I love but at the same time I feel like I need a little escape. Besides work Les has been fitting in golfing, wing nights, basketball, etc. I need mommy time.

So for all of these reasons combined I have decided to do a little reaching out. I am super excited about it. I signed L & I up for mommy & baby exercise and massage classes on Monday mornings. There will be other moms with babes under 10 months there. I think it will be great for me to interact with other mommies & I also think it will be good for Logan & I to do together. I have also signed myself up for sewing classes Tuesday nights. Les bought me a sewing machine & I really want to get some real lessons, I am actually very excited about this. I am a little anxious about leaving Logan once a week for 2 & 1/2 hrs but I know it will be good for both of us. Most weeks Les will be home with him, daddy & baby time is important too! The few weeks Les is working my mom is babysitting, which I know they will both LOVE!

Just as I was feeling really good about this another opportunity came up. I was approached by an old acquintance about joining a moms of prescoolers (MOPS) group on Thursday mornings at a local church. I debated & prayed about it & decided this is exactly what I need. Although it is a different denomination then we practice (we are Catholic Christians & it is a protestant church) I think it will be very good for me. I feel like I could use a fire to be lit in my spiritual life, perhaps this is exaclty it. I attended youth group at the church as a teenager & really enjoyed it.

So I think its safe to say that Logan & I will not be bored at all durign the next 8 weeks. All of these activities are for September & October. I will write about how things are going, but I think it will be really great for both of us!

And just because he is so cute, here is my little monkey asleep with his seahorse, he loves that thing! Look at his little hand on it! I could just eat him up!!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

okay so i LOVE your newborn photos!! He is so cute and you look GREAT!! I totally understand about friends not understanding the whole baby thing!! Since I have gone back to work I don't want to do anything on the weekend other than hang out with EMerson and my friends don't understand that, well some of them do!! That feeling that something is going to happen to your baby doesn't go away but it does get better!!